The biggest Manganese event!
This year again, the International Manganese Institute’s 47th Annual Conference remained the world’s biggest Manganese event, gathering in Bangalore 220 delegates from 120 companies, based in 35 countries!
This event attracted major Manganese ore, alloy, metal and chemical producers, in addition to traders, logistics companies, battery producers and steel mills.
Industry experts presented on the latest battery, steel and Manganese trends and opportunities (presentations are available for IMnI Members on the IMnI extranet, and upon request for non-Members at email@example.com), and a session of the conference was dedicated to Manganese chemicals and Lithium-ion batteries:
· Global macro-economy outlook by Madhavi Arora, Chief Economist, Emkay Global Financial Services Ltd
· Prospects for the Indian economy by Ahmed Firoz, Strategy Adviser, Policy and Economic Affairs, Metals and Mining
· A future perspective of Manganese Business – The India Story by Sirsendu Mukherjee, Chief Operations-FAMD, Tata Steel
· Development of high-Manganese cathode in batteries by Abhishek Murali, Analyst – Electric Vehicles and E-Mobility, Rystad Energy
· Outlook for manganese in batteries by Teboho Sebetlela, Research Manager, Wood Mackenzie
· Market review of Manganese Ore – India Prospect by Shri Ajit Kumar Saxena, Chairman-cum-Managing Director, MOIL LIMITED
· Outlook for India’s Manganese ore market by Sri Abdul Saleem, Director, THE SANDUR MANGANESE & IRON ORE LTD (SMIORE)
· Manganese alloy market, an Indian perspective by Manish Sarda, Deputy Managing Director of Sarda Metals & Alloys Ltd. and IFAPA Chairman
· New health, safety & environment developments for the Mn industry by Agnieszka Leopold, HSE & Regulatory Affairs Manager, International Manganese Institute (IMnI)
· Deep-sea Manganese extraction: a game-changer? by William Lin, Director of Business Development, Asia Pacific, The Metals Company (TMC)
· Industrial threats with foreseen effects to bottomline by Doreen McGough, Secretary General, Manganese REACH Association (MARA)
The conference was supported by major sponsors, including Autlán, South32, Tshipi e Ntle Manganese Mining, Transalloys, Assore Ltd / Assmang, Ore & Metal Company, IPM COMMODITIES PRIVATE LIMITED, United Manganese of Kalahari (Pty) Ltd (UMK), World Metals & Alloys (FZC), MOIL LIMITED, Asia Minerals Limited / Kudumane Manganese Resources / PERTAMA FERROALLOYS SDN BHD, OM Holdings Limited (ASX:OMH | BURSA:OMH-5298), and Eramet.
The event offered countless networking opportunities, during the Welcome Cocktail at the Leela Palace in Bangalore, during networking lunches, social events a beer & wine-tasting and gala dinner!
During the IMnI conference, more than 70 delegates attended the technical visits of 4 major Manganese alloy smelters: SARDA METALS & ALLOYS LIMITED (SMAL), ABHIJEET FERROTECH LIMITED, Hira Power and Steels Ltd. and Godawari Power and Ispat Ltd (GPIL)