28-29 January 2021
Roskillâ€™s Steel Alloys South Africa 2021 conference will bring together domestic producers of ores and ferroalloys within the wider international supply chain and offer an opportunity to hear about the latest industry developments and network with peers across the world.
The conference will take place in Johannesburg, South Africa, January 28-29th 2021 and willÂ focus on the manganese, chromium and platinum group metals supply chains with sessions on South African mining, infrastructure and energy challenges as well as domestic potential for energy storage raw materials: vanadium, manganese and nickel sulphate.
- ChromiumÂ â€“ the role of UG2; the future of domestic ferrochrome production; and implications of an export tax on export tax on chromite ores
- ManganeseÂ â€“ the impact of Chinese regulation and stimulus on steel demand; future trends in supply and production costs; and logistics in South Africa
- PGMSÂ â€“ the outlook for South African producers and the impact of electric vehicles on long term demand
- VanadiumÂ â€“the impact of Chinese construction trends on demand; new end-use applications; and the resurgence of South African supply
- COVID-19Â â€“ and its short-, medium- and long-term impacts on the global economy, steel demand, and demand for raw materials.
- InfrastructureÂ â€“ the future of South Africaâ€™s energy, road, rail, and port landscape
- Low carbon economyÂ â€“ and the role of South African electrolytic manganese metal; nickel sulphate, and vanadium pentoxide in fuelling new battery technologies
To benefit from the special 15% discount for IMnI Members, please contact Roskill as indicated on the registration pageÂ https://roskill.com/event/steel-alloys-south-africa-2021/#registration